Edwardian Corbett style property
The client was lucky enough to live in an Edwardian Corbett style property, one that had gracefully retained its original features – flagstone flooring welcomed visitors, whilst fire places remained in their place.
Just as we approach every period property, from the first meeting we understood the considerations such an era places on professionals such as ourselves. For the layman, this can be perfectly illustrated by the smallest of details, such as the need to replicate the slight groove that Edwardian properties feature on the sills of the sash windows.
This suburban home was to receive renovation to its external front door, internal doors and casement and sash windows – each of which were created in our workshop, led by in-house designers and crafted by our joiners and carpenters.
The way in which period properties challenge home owners can be exemplified by this project’s front door – which was in this case at odds with the local design. Following our work, this home now features a classic, four glass panel door that is perfectly in sync with the traditions and subtle nuances of Edwardian design.
At the rear of the property stylish, contemporary bi-fold doors were installed – an exceptional entrance to the garden, whilst protecting the property from intruders with robust construction and strength.
The project would be completed by the installation of new Velux windows for the roof – an ideal, incredibly long lasting solution that allowed for light and ventilation for the bedroom loft conversion.
See technical drawings for this project HERE
- Ardgowan Rd, Bathroom Casement Window Opt 02.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, First Floor Bathroom Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, First Floor Bay Area Left Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, First Floor Bay Area Middle Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, First Floor Bay Area Right Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, First Floor Front Single Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Ground Floor Bay Area Left Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Ground Floor Bay Area Middle Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Ground Floor Bay Area Right Window.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Left Bedroom Casement Opt 02.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Outside View.pdf
- Ardgowan Rd, Rear Window.pdf
- 06 Mar 2017
- Period properties